1165 Kinnear Rd RM 120E Columbus, OH 43212
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Download vCard
Anita Foster is the electronic resources officer and an assistant professor at Ohio State University. Foster and her Serials and Electronic Resources team manage all aspects of the print serials and electronic resources portfolio at the Libraries from the point a purchase decision is made and including licensing, activation, maintaining access, and trouble-shooting activities.
I was previously the first Electronic Resources Librarian at Illinois State University’s Milner Library. I was also a Technical Information Specialist at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, where I supported our integrated library system, did general reference, and spent time working on a nuclear weapons information archiving project where I created controlled vocabularies, thesauri, and web pages.
A core concern for my work has always been the facilitation of positive user experiences with the systems, tools, and resources under my purview. At OSUL, my work and that of my unit crosses departmental boundaries with regular contacts within the Libraries with Information Technology, Interlibrary Services, collection managers, and more, as well as with other Ohio State units such as Legal Affairs, Business and Finance, and the OSU Press and with consortial partners such as OhioLINK and the Big Ten Academic Alliance Library Initiatives
- M.S., Technology, College of Applied Science and Technology, Illinois State University
- M.S., Information Science, School of Information Science, University of Tennessee – Knoxville
- B.A., Medieval Studies with a minor in European History, Purdue University
Committees and Service
- Big Ten Academic Alliance Library Accessibility Group
- Big Ten Academic Alliance CDO-ERO Committee
- ALCTS Fundamentals of Electronic Resources Acquisitions Instructor
- ALA ALCTS Continuing Resources Standards Committee
- ALA ALCTS Acquisitions Organization and Management Committee