Planning and Administration executes mission-critical functions dedicated to the operations of University Libraries. Planning and Administration provide vital services, consultation, and leadership to the units throughout OSUL.
Business Operations ensures responsible stewardship of University Libraries’ financial resources, activities, and expenditures through compliance oversight and regular reporting and helps users navigate the university’s fiscal systems and policies to successfully satisfy University Libraries-related financial matters.
Business Operations maintains or provides support to the following fiscal activities:
- Fiscal planning and analysis
- Capital Planning
- Receipt and disbursement of funds
- General accounting and acquisition accounting
- Surplus materials
- Fines payment processing
- Fiscal policy and procedure consultation
Communications develops communication strategies and tactics to illustrate the continued impact of University Libraries. For the Libraries’ diverse audiences throughout the university and beyond, Communications facilitates timely, relevant information-sharing and meaningful interaction to align University Libraries’ goals with the needs of users.
Facilities Operation and Security
For users of University Libraries, Facilities Operation and Security provides exceptional customer service by actively safeguarding and effectively maintaining University Libraries facilities. Facilities Operation and Security creates safe, secure environments that invite users to utilize University Libraries’ resources, services, and inspiring learning and workspaces.
Human Resources supports equity, empowerment, trust, and accountability through innovative services and enrichment opportunities for Ohio State University Libraries faculty, staff, and student employees.
In collaboration with the departments and partners of University Libraries, Human Resources:
- Delivers exceptional and efficient service experiences to employees and users.
- Encourages purposeful student employment and real-world experiences to help students transition successfully to post-graduation opportunities.
- Attracts and retains top talent to meet the educational and research goals of university faculty, staff, students, and scholars.
- Promotes diversity, inclusion, development, and recognition to foster an environment where employees are valued for their efforts and rewarded for their contributions.
- Executes operational excellence to ensure integrity and compliance with established policies and procedures.