Campbell Hall, completed in December 1916, was built to house the rapidly expanding home economics department. At one time, half of female undergraduates took classes in the department. In 1921, the Board of Trustees named the building for Elizabeth Owens Campbell, wife of former Ohio Governor James F. Campbell. An addition was completed in September 1962. Campbell Hall houses the College of Education and Human Ecology’s Dept of Human Sciences’ programs in Fashion & Retail Studies, Family Financial Services, Hospitality Management, Human Development and Family Science, and Human Nutrition. It also houses the Historic Costume & Textiles Collection.
John H. Herrick Archives: Campbell Hall