Founded in 1964, Ohio State’s Department of Slavic & East European Languages & Cultures is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a slate of lectures and presentations.
Monday, March 24
- Public Roundtable on Polish-Jewish Studies at 5:30 p.m. Location: Page Hall 0020
- Slavic Dinner with special presentation on Russian slang by Marina Pashkova at 6:30 p.m. Location: Jennings Hall 60
Thursday, March 27
- Kapustnik – 7:15 p.m. in Hagerty Hall 180
Friday March 28
- Video Conference with Murmansk, Russia at 8:00 a.m. in Hagerty Hall 145
- Midwest Slavic Conference Keynote address by Eric McGlinchey (George Mason University) followed by reception in Page Hall.
Saturday, March 29
- Midwest Slavic Conference, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. in Mendenhall Laboratory
- George Kalbouss presenting the history of the Department
- Luncheon Speech by Todd Armstrong
Sunday, March 30
- Midwest Slavic Conference, 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. in Mendenhall Laboratory