Classes for Autumn Semester 2016 at The Ohio State University began on August 23, 2016. To welcome the new students we summarize here some resources to explain to the uninitiated about the Hilandar Research Library (HRL) and the Resource Center for Medieval Slavic Studies (RCMSS).
- View the video of the History of the Hilandar Research Project and the HRL and RCMSS on the RCMSS website in English, Serbian or Spanish.*
Note that the photo of the HRL/RCMSS in the video (see below) shows one of the two rooms we inhabited before the renovation of the William Oxley Thompson Library.
Here’s where we are currently located, sharing space since 2009 with the Rare Books and Manuscripts Library and the Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee Theatre Research Institute in the Jack and Jan Creighton Special Collections Reading Room (Thompson Library 105):
- Peruse back issues of our biannual newsletter
Cyrillic Manuscript Heritage
- Review our two-page Fact Sheet:
HRL/RCMSS History & Programs
HRL Holdings, Collections & Publications
- Check out a copy of An Archival History of the Hilandar Research Project at The Ohio State University by Miroljub Joković, translated from Serbian by Nataša Kaurin-Karača.
- Read Miroljub Joković’s original Serbian edition Архивска историја Хиландарског научног пројекта на Државном универзитету Охаја.