St. Ann’s was founded in 1908 as a home for infants and unwed mothers. The original building was located at Bryden Road and Kelton Avenue. By the 1920’s the hospital had gradually converted to a maternity hospital, as home deliveries became less frequent. In 1950, 40 maternity beds and 20 gynecologic beds were available in the remodeled facilities.
The hospital still exists and is now Mount Carmel St. Ann’s. It is located at 500 South Cleveland Avenue.