On Thursday, August 29, an update bundle was installed to the Sierra integrated library system that should resolve the following issue reported by various libraries:
- A library reports that in Create Lists, the “Use Existing Search” function takes from 1 minute to 4 minutes to load for most users. Sometimes the search never appears, causing the SDA to freeze and require a relaunch. Additionally, accessing functions that use Create Lists is very slow once the user has logged into SDA.
- Attempts to copy a review file result in an erroneous error message that “max size of destination file is too small for total size of original file.”
- Cross reference entries selected from a WebPAC search results browse screen are very slow to load and can redirect the user to another results browse screen.
- By default WebPAC displays a maximum of 32000 results for phrase and keyword searches. This number may be adjusted for phrase searches using the IBROWSE_MAX web option. WebPAC currently ignores both the hard-coded limit and the optional IBROWSE_MAX limit.
- The Verify Headings compact browse displays only one heading rather than all appropriate headings.
- Automatic Authority Control Processing operates very slowly.
- Automatic Authority Control Processing is not updating all headings when it runs overnight.
- Library staff report that they cannot use Global Update toggle to view MARC 006, 007, or 008.
Please let us know if you have any problems or concerns.
Michelle Gerry & Sue Rahnema