Research Commons Computer Lab PC Reservation Process
- Select the PC(s) with your desired software from the list to the right and click the green arrow. If multiple PCs have your desired software, please select the PC with the maximum amount of availability. The list of software for each PC is available on the Research Commons Computer Lab Software Page.
- Complete the dialog box with your information and hit submit.
- You will receive a confirmation email for your reservation request, and another once your reservation has been approved.
- Approved users will receive an email by 10 a.m. on the morning of their reservation with their login and password information. The password will be good for the entire day (until 5 p.m.).
- Please log out of your session promptly at the end of your reservation. You will receive a warning notification on your PC prior to your session ending near 5 p.m. Users will automatically be logged out of the PC at 5 p.m.
- If you have any trouble connecting to your PC, please contact email@example.com and we will try to troubleshoot.
Research Commons Computer Lab PC Reservation Rules
- Research Commons Computer Lab PC reservations can only be reserved by Ohio State faculty, postdocs, and graduate students. Undergraduate students who need specialized software to complete research projects can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an exception. Exceptions will be granted on a limited-basis based on availability.
- A valid Ohio State Username (name.#) is required to reserve a PC.
- You may only reserve one PC per day.
- All reservations are for a period of 7 hours (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Reservations can be made up to seven days in advance, but all requests must be made prior to the end of business on the day before the requested appointment time. At this time, we cannot honor same-day requests.
- Please promptly log out of the PC by 5 p.m. You will receive a warning notification if you are still on the PC near 5 p.m. Users will automatically be logged out of the PC at 5 p.m.
- Do not share login and/or password information. Passwords change frequently so you will not be able to use the same password for future reservations.