Dean’s Award for Staff Excellence
The Dean’s Award for Staff Excellence shall be given annually by University Libraries. It will recognize CCS and A&P staff for exceptional service to their department, to the Libraries and to The Ohio State University. It will provide for special recognition for those staff who have continually demonstrated high-quality work and dedication – in sum, outstanding job performance.
The purpose of the Dean’s Award will be to recognize excellence and achievement in overall work performance, to reward outstanding and valuable service to the Libraries, and to give credit for initiative and creativity demonstrated by staff members. The Libraries will present two (2) awards annually to nominated individuals. Eligible nominees who are not selected for the award are acknowledged by a letter from the Dean.
To be eligible for the Dean’s Award an employee must be considered in good standing by University Libraries/Human Resources and meet the following criteria:
- be employed on the Columbus campus and a member of University Libraries (excludes the regional campuses, Prior Health Sciences, and Law Library employees);
- have three or more years of continuous service to University Libraries and hold a regular appointment (50% or more) at the time of nomination;
- have demonstrated a pattern of excellence in overall job performance;
- have demonstrated initiative and creativity in the performance of duties and responsibilities;
- be nominated as a candidate for the award by any library personnel holding a regular appointment, including self-nominations.
Nominations must be submitted by Thursday, April 30, 2020 via a Qualtrics survey.
Nominations should answer the following question in narrative form. Please draft your answer in a separate editor and paste them into the Qualtrics survey, as the survey will time-out. You may save your survey in draft form and return at a later time. Letters of supports from individuals may be sent to Randall McKenzie, firstname.lastname@example.org, but are not required.
Describe how the nominee has continually demonstrated high-quality work and dedication to assist University Libraries in its mission. Contributions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Improving patron services
- Demonstrating sustained improvement in the work life of colleagues
- Showing initiative to suggest and implement creative solutions to problems
- Streamlining processes and/or realizing financial savings for the Libraries
- Creating and maintaining high levels of productivity and/or efficiencies
- Advancing diversity, inclusivity, access, and social justice in our collections, services, scholarship, and organizational development.
The selection committee will consist of the elected members of the Libraries’ Staff Advisory Council (SAC), the elected faculty members of the Libraries’ Faculty Advisory Council (FAC), and the Vice Provost and Dean of University Libraries. Members of SAC who are nominated for an award will be excluded from the selection process.