What is the Off-Campus Sign-In Bookmarklet?
The Off-Campus Sign-In service provides authentication for Ohio State students, faculty and staff and enables access to most library resources from anywhere on most networked devices. This is also call a “proxy” service. The bookmarklet is a browser shortcut which provides easy access to the proxy service.
Why use the Off-Campus Sign-In Bookmarklet?
It saves a few couple steps and clicks. If the database or resource URL doesn’t contain http://proxy.lib.ohio-state.edu, one can access the proxy service by simply clicking on the Off-Campus Sign In Bookmarklet. This will redirect the browser to the login page requiring a NAME.N campus network ID and password to gain access to licensed content.
How to install the Off-Campus Sign-In Bookmarklet
- Right click on this link: Ohio State Off-Campus Sign-In Bookmarklet
- Select Bookmark This Link. Alternatively, click and drag the link to your Bookmarks toolbar.
- Right click this link: Ohio State Off-Campus Sign-In Bookmarklet
- Select Add to Favorites… You may be prompted with a security alert that the You are adding a favorite that may not be safe. Do you want to continue? Click Yes to continue.
- Click on and drag this link to your Bookmarks bar: Ohio State Off-Campus Sign-In Bookmarklet
Let us know what you think : enter your comment below, or fill out a one-minute short survey.