One of the simplest and quickest steps you can take to improve the accessibility of your web page is to add alternative text to your images. Alternative text is important for visitors with disabilities who are using screen readers.
How to add alternative text in WordPress
- To insert images into your page/post, put your cursor where you want the image to appear.
- Click the “Add Media” button.
- Either upload an image, or select an image that has already been uploaded.
- A box will appear on the right hand side with settings.
- Add text to the field labelled “Alt Text”.
- Review these guidelines for alternative text.