Rooms & Technology
Updates for the Spring Semester 2021
All Research Commons small project rooms and large group rooms are closed for the Spring 2021 semester. Room rentals will also be suspended for the duration of the semester. The very limited open seating will be available to all Ohio State students, faculty, and staff on a first-come, first-served basis. Masks are required in all University Libraries facilities. Visitors are asked to maintain a safe physical distance of six feet apart. Eating and drinking are not permitted in the libraries. Research Commons staff will be available virtually during operating hours via email or the chat feature to answer questions.
- The Conference and Project Rooms can be reserved using the online room reservation system at the following link: go.osu.edu/rc-rooms (OSU login required). You will receive a confirmation email with room number and reservation date/time.
- Reservation requests can be submitted no more than seven days in advance. Users wishing to place a same day request are encouraged to do so in-person at the Research Commons concierge desk.
- Only one room reservation is permitted per day.
- When no reservations have been made, the Conference and Project Rooms are available to graduate students, faculty, and postdocs on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be prepared to vacate the room for the next scheduled reservation.
- The purpose of these rooms is for collaborative research projects, not individual study, so groups will always have priority for the use of these rooms.
- For the Conference Room, groups with video-conferencing needs will take priority over groups not making use of the video-conferencing equipment.
- For assistance with using the technology available in the Conference and Project Rooms, please see our staff at the Research Commons concierge desk.
- A group that is more than 15 minutes late forfeits their reservation.
- Although these rooms provide a more private space, sound can leak through the walls. Please keep the noise down so as not to disturb others.
- All food and drink must be cleaned up before you leave so that the room is ready for the next user.
- The Research Commons is virtual concierge desk is available during the following hours:
- Monday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For questions about room reservations, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 614-292-8412.
During our regular operating hours, you can also contact us via chat for immediate assistance by using the “Chat with Us” button in the sidebar.