Updates for the Spring 2021 Semester
All Research Commons project rooms and large group rooms are closed for the Spring 2021 semester. Room rentals will also be suspended for the duration of the semester. Room reservations are not available. The limited open seating will be available to all Ohio State students, faculty and staff on a first-come, first-served basis. Masks are required in all University Libraries facilities. Visitors are asked to maintain a safe physical distance of six feet apart. Eating and drinking are not permitted in the libraries. Research Commons staff will be available virtually during operating hours via email or the chat feature to answer questions.
Conference and Project Rooms
- The Conference Room has a capacity for up to 10 people, along with collaborative and video-conferencing technology.
- Two Project Rooms have a capacity for six people and contain collaborative technology. Two Project Rooms have a capacity for four people, and one of these smaller project rooms also contains wireless Solstice Pod collaborative technology.
- For complete guidelines, please visit our room rules page.
- Click the button below to be redirected to our online room reservation sytem (OSU login required).
Digital Visualization and Brainstorming Rooms
- The Digital Visualization and Brainstorming Rooms are designed to support collaborative research through access to advanced computing hardware and software in the Research Commons.
- The Digital Visualization Room has flexible seating for 18, a visualization wall composed of four 55″ flat panel displays, and a suite of data analysis and visualization software across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- The Brainstorming Room has flexible seating for 24 and can be divided into two smaller rooms, each with a capacity of 12. The Brainstorming Room contains ample whiteboard space, an interactive table, access to two PC desktop workstations, and wireless projection capabilities for users who bring their own devices.
Colloquia and Classroom
- The Colloquia space and Classroom in the Research Commons are primarily used for educational workshops and training activities on topics spanning all phases of the research lifecycle, as well as events aimed at showcasing Ohio State research.
- Programming and services provided by the Research Commons and collaborative partners have priority use of the Colloquia space and Classroom. These rooms may not be scheduled for regular course instruction.
- The Research Commons Computer Lab is primarily used for open study and Research Commons workshops. The Computer Lab features a suite of specialized software.
For questions about room reservations, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 614-292-8412.
During our regular operating hours, you can also contact us via chat for immediate assistance by using the “Chat with Us” button in the sidebar.