GIS & Mapping
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) can be a powerful research tool for analyzing and visualizing geospatial data and solving problems across a wide range of disciplines. Through the Research Commons, researchers can get assistance with:
- Finding and creating geospatial data sets
- Cleaning, organizing, and managing geospatial data
- Designing and carrying out spatial analyses based on your research question
- Mapping and geovisualization
- Identifying appropriate GIS methods, tools, and software for your research project
- Training for a variety of GIS tools and web-based mapping platforms
Start exploring some geospatial data sets and learn more about GIS tools using the Maps & Geospatial Data LibGuide here: go.osu.edu/geospatial.
Experts: Josh Sadvari, GIS Specialist, email@example.com
Have questions or ideas related to a GIS research project? Set up an appointment during my weekly office hours (Mondays, 1-5pm) using the calendar below, or feel free to email me directly.