- This event has passed.
Introduction to Tableau for Data Visualization (Workshop)
October 31, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Tableau is a data visualization program that offers both quick and flexible methods of visualizing your data in a variety of ways, including through interactive dashboards. Offering ways to explore your dataset as well as explain it, Tableau combines ease of use and powerful options for engaging your audience with interesting visualizations. In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn about the different types of Tableau that exist and how they can access the program (for free).
- Discover the Tableau interface and learn how to import and connect data to Tableau itself.
- Explore how to quickly visualize data with different chart types (line and bar charts, scatter plots, maps, and more) and through dashboards (adding some interactivity between your visualizations).
- Learn how to format and make adjustments to titles, axis titles, colors, marks and shapes, and more.
- Export your Tableau visualization for use in other tools and programs like PowerPoint and Adobe Illustrator.
- Interact with other resources like Tableau Public’s Gallery and knowledge bank to help learn about Tableau beyond this workshop.
Tableau software is available in the Research Commons Computer Lab and participants will not need to bring their own devices. Space is limited to 12 participants.
This event is part of Data Analytics Month @ Ohio State.
Who: OSU faculty, postdocs, and graduate students
When: Thursday, October 31, 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Where: Research Commons, 3rd floor of 18th Avenue Library
Join the Waitlist
Use the toggle button to choose your university affiliation (OSU or non-OSU). If you are an OSU affiliate, type in your name.# and click Look Up. Once your information populates, click Submit to confirm your registration. If you are a non-OSU affiliate, enter your information and click Submit to confirm your registration.