Introduction to Tableau for Data Visualization (Online Workshop)
July 15 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Tableau is a data visualization program that offers both quick and flexible methods of visualizing your data in a variety of ways, including through interactive dashboards. Offering ways to explore your dataset as well as explain it, Tableau combines ease of use and powerful options for engaging your audience with interesting visualizations. In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn about the different types of Tableau that exist and how they can access the program (for free).
- Discover the Tableau interface and learn how to import and connect data to Tableau itself.
- Explore how to quickly visualize data with different chart types (line and bar charts, scatter plots, maps, and more) and through dashboards (adding some interactivity between your visualizations).
- Learn how to format and make adjustments to titles, axis titles, colors, marks and shapes, and more.
- Export your Tableau visualization for use in other tools and programs like PowerPoint and Adobe Illustrator.
- Interact with other resources like Tableau Public’s Gallery and knowledge bank to help learn about Tableau beyond this workshop.
Who: Ohio State faculty, staff, postdocs, and graduate students
When: Wednesday, July, 15, 2020 from 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Livestream Link: https://osu.zoom.us/j/91172696191
Livestream Password: Will be provided in registration confirmation email
Please note that this workshop will allow for hands-on participation. Participants will need to download free Tableau Public software at https://public.tableau.com/en-us/s/download
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Requests made by July 8th will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date. A captioned recording of this program will be available within 7-10 business days following the event posted to the University Libraries website.
Use the toggle button to choose your university affiliation (OSU or non-OSU). If you are an OSU affiliate, type in your name.# and click Look Up. Once your information populates, click Submit to confirm your registration. If you are a non-OSU affiliate, enter your information and click Submit to confirm your registration.