- This event has passed.
Tableau 1: The Basics (Four-Part Workshop Series) Wednesday Sessions
February 3 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Mastering Tableau requires patience and practice. This series of four, two-hour sessions includes several activities designed to help you understand and wrangle your data, create and format basic out-of-the box and custom charts and design dashboards that incorporate best practices for communication and visual storytelling. Workshop participants will learn to:
- Connect, shape and prepare data for the Tableau workspace
- Describe and demonstrate key concepts, including aggregation and level-of-detail, addressing and partitioning and knowing when to use continuous versus discrete dates
- Create and format basic and combination charts
- Assemble dashboards with basic interactivity using filters and actions
Who: Ohio State faculty, staff, postdocs and graduate students
Where: Remote (a personalized Zoom link will be included in the registration confirmation email)
When: Every Wednesday throughout the month of Feb. from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Session #1: Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2021
- Session #2: Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2021
- Session #3: Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2021
- Session #4: Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021
This workshop is full.
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Requests made at least one week prior to the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.