- This event has passed.
Introduction to Data Visualization (Presentation)
January 31 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Data visualization (or data viz for short) has rapidly developed into a huge area of interest for a broad group of users including researchers, businesses, and anyone looking to effectively communicate a large amount of information to a specific audience. If you have a research question that utilizes data, data visualization and its associated tools can help you analyze and make sense of the information you have gathered. In this presentation, participants will:
- Be introduced to what data visualization is and why it is both an important and relevant skill to learn in this day and age.
- Learn more about the types of data visualizations available to choose from and reasons for using specific types of visualizations.
- Take a look at some resources available for learning more about different types of data visualizations and how to create them.
- Explore some of the tools used to create data visualizations in a variety of fields.
- Watch a video showcasing what a great visualization and presentation can look like.
- Gain some useful tips on how to better design your next visualization.
- Find out what the Ohio State University Libraries has to offer in terms of data visualization support.
Who: OSU graduate students
When: Thursday, January 31, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Where: Research Commons, 3rd floor of 18th Avenue Library
This event will be livestreamed. To join remotely, visit carmenconnect.osu.edu/dataviz0131. Adobe Flash Player needs to be installed on your computer to join the livestream. Please do not register below if you plan to attend remotely.
If you plan on attending this event in person, please register below.
Use the toggle button to choose your university affiliation (OSU or non-OSU). If you are an OSU affiliate, type in your name.# and click Look Up. Once your information populates, click Submit to confirm your registration. If you are a non-OSU affiliate, enter your information and click Submit to confirm your registration.