- This event has passed.
When Disciplines Collide: Panel on Interdisciplinary Collaboration and Communication
March 3 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join us to learn more about the benefits and training for interdisciplinary collaborations. This series of discussions is based on the experiences of teams of researchers working on an NSF-Advancing Informal STEM Learning Project: Convergent Learning from Divergent Perspectives. In the first panel discussion, researchers who have participated in an informal learning program to foster interdisciplinary collaboration around a theme will discuss how this project has influenced their approaches to teamwork and communicating with the public.
- Theodore Chao, Associate Professor, Department of Teaching and Learning
- Jordan Clark, Assistant Professor, Civil Environmental and Geodetic Engineering
- Scott Demyan, Assistant Professor, School of Environment and Natural Resources
- Tom Dugdale, Department of Theatre, Film, and Media Arts.
- Leonard Sparks, Consultant, Education and Communication Training
- Alvaro Montenegro, Associate Professor, Department of Geography
- Michael Rayo, Assistant Professor, Department of Integrated Systems Engineering
- Mary Rodriguez, Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Communication, Education, and Leadership
- Katherine Walton, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology
- Amber Woodburn McNair, Assistant Professor, Department of City and Regional Planning
Moderated by Justin Meyer, Research Associate, Center for Science and Industry (COSI)
Who: Ohio State faculty, staff, postdocs and graduate students
When: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Where: Zoom (a personalized Zoom link will be included in the registration confirmation email)
This event has passed.
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Requests made at least one week prior to the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.