Copyright Services supports Ohio State faculty, staff and students by providing education and guidance on the application of copyright law to facilitate teaching, research and scholarship. Do you have copyright questions related to your research? We can discuss issues related to identifying, using and creating copyrighted content. Researchers can get assistance with:
- Discussing and assessing risks, rights and obligations in using copyrighted works in your thesis, dissertation, or other published work
- Locating and understanding usage restrictions for public domain and Creative Commons licensed works
- Clarifying their rights as creators of copyrighted content
- Understanding the differences between plagiarism and copyright infringement
- Discussion of copyright issues in publishing agreements
More information on copyright can be found at the Copyright Services website.
Please click the button below to view availability and book a remote consultation.
Meet the Experts:
Maria Scheid (email@example.com) is the Copyright Services Coordinator with Copyright Services at The Ohio State University Libraries. She provides information on copyright to faculty, staff and students of the university active in teaching, research and scholarship. She works with units in the Libraries and across campus, providing resources and support on issues ranging from using materials to author rights.
Allison DeVito is the ODEE Library Services Liaison and Copyright Specialist. She provides copyright consultations for staff, faculty, and students in need of resources related to teaching, research, and scholarship. She also serves as a point of contact for copyright considerations in online education, including open content, and information on copyright related issues.