The vision of the Research Commons is to create an inspiring suite of services and resources that will enable and drive innovation; attract, motivate, and enable research; allow for happy collaborative accidents to occur; and provide an environment for dynamic, interdisciplinary research that advances Ohio State’s scholarly contributions.
The Research Commons at The Ohio State University Libraries leverages campus partnerships to provide support services at each stage of the research lifecycle. It enhances the Libraries’ mission by providing a hub for collaborative, interdisciplinary research that is both expertise and technology enabled.
What is the Research Commons?
- A campus community where faculty, postdocs, and graduate students can connect with experts for support at any stage in the research lifecycle.
- A venue for exploring collaborative, interdisciplinary, and emerging research methods, with a special focus on Data Management and Visualization, Digital Humanities, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and Research Impact.
What Can You Do at the Research Commons?
- Participate in a Workshop to build skills in areas spanning all phases of the research lifecycle – planning, conducting, publishing, and increasing impact.
- Schedule a Consultation with one of our many research support experts for one-on-one assistance with your research needs.
- Attend a Showcase Event to learn more about the great research happening at Ohio State and to network with colleagues and peers from across the university.
- Reserve a Room for small-group and large-group collaborative projects, videoconferencing, data visualization, and much more.
- Access Specialized Technology including an advanced suite of software, wireless projectors, visualization wall, digital whiteboards, and interactive table.
- Find Your Spot – a flexible, comfortable place on campus where you can focus on your research.
Questions, comments, or suggestions? Contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 614-292-8412.
During our regular operating hours, you can also contact us via chat for immediate assistance by using the “Chat with Us” button in the sidebar.