The following documents describe Bennett's experience as an American researcher in occupied Japan. The first 2 documents focus on the institutions that J.W.Bennett worked within, and the final documents consist of his overall observations.
- History of the Public Opinion and Social Research Division, SCAP
- Some Procedures and Problems of the PO&SR Division, CI&E, SCAP
- Excerpts from Letters to Professional Colleagues at the Ohio State University
- Letters from Japan: an Unfinished Document
- Observations from a Return Trip to Japan, Waseda University in 1961