Knowledge Bank Submission Instructions:
Hayes Graduate Research Forum
Instructions for submitting to the Edward F. Hayes Graduate Research Forum collections in the Knowledge Bank. If you have questions or problems with the procedures below, please send a message to email@example.com.
- MANDATORY: Login (Auto-Register) with the Knowledge Bank.
- MANDATORY: Fill out authorization form.
- Converting Word to PDF instructions.
- Submission Guidelines
1. Login to the Knowledge Bank to auto-register.
- Go to: https://kb.osu.edu/dspace/
- Click on "Login" in the left-hand column under "My Account".
- Click on "OSU Login".
- Sign in with your OSU account (lastname.# and password) to be directed to your Submissions page
- OR if your OSU login is already in effect in your browser, you will be taken directly to your Submissions page.
2. Notify Knowledge Bank about your registration
Fill out the web form below and click on [Submit] to inform the Knowledge Bank staff that you have registered. They will authorize you to submit your work to the appropriate collection. Knowledge Bank staff will send you an e-mail when you have been authorized. If you have not heard back from Knowledge Bank staff within two business days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once authorized, when you click on "start a new submission" after logging in you will see the name of your Hayes collection in the collection dropdown on the "Select a collection" screen. Before you are authorized this collection will not be available.
Note: This form will not automatically authorize you. The Knowledge Bank staff will receive your request via this form and they will authorize you.
3. Convert your paper to pdf format
Instructions for converting a Word document to a PDF are available at: http://library.osu.edu/assets/Documents/SEL/QuickConvertWordPDF.pdf
Note: Please do not use spaces or special characters in your PDF filename. Spaces and special characters — such as [ , ] , ( , ) , ! , é , and ü — can prevent access to your submission via the web once it is in the Knowledge Bank. Examples of properly named PDFs include: hayes.pdf, your_name_hayes.pdf, hayes_paper.pdf, HayesPaper.pdf, myHayesPaper_2008.pdf. Also, please remember that the filename of your PDF will be visible to the general public.
4. Submit your paper to the Knowledge Bank
- Go to: https://kb.osu.edu/dspace/
- Click on "Login".
- After logging in, click on "OSU Login".
- Select your collection from the dropdown. Note: you will not be able to select a collection until you are authorized to submit (step 2 above).
- Follow the submission guidelines for details on how fill out the online submission form.
Note: During the submission process, you will be asked whether or not you are requesting an embargo (or delayed dissemination) for your paper and, if so, for how long.
Note: As a repository for digital assets, OSU's Knowledge Bank acts as a permanent archive. All items submitted remain as is at the time of submission, just as books once published remain in the form in which they were printed. PDF files once placed in the Knowledge Bank will not be modified.
Problems? Email us at email@example.com .
5. Follow-up to your submission
When your submission has been approved, you will receive an e-mail with a permanent Web address for your work. If you have requested an embargo, the file(s) attached to your item will not be available until after the embargo period. Items in the Knowledge Bank are indexed by Google, but it will take up to two weeks before you will be able to find it in Google.
Link to this page: http://go.osu.edu/kb-Hayes-instructions