College Affordability: University Libraries is making a difference
University Libraries addresses the issue of college affordability with a number of free services and innovations that provide students access to the information they need without fees or direct costs:
- A partnership in OhioLINK, giving students access to more than 70 million resources at no cost.
- Partnerships in grant programs and educational efforts to encourage faculty to adopt low- or no-cost course materials in their courses.
- Free access to copies of required textbooks for almost 1000 courses.
- A collaboration with the Columbus Metropolitan Library that offers students free access to the CML collection without needing to leave campus.
- Access to free museum-caliber gallery exhibits, along with curators and subject librarians willing to share their expertise.
- The free support of the Libraries' faculty and staff and research advisors.
- Status as a major student employer at the university, providing jobs for nearly 400 students.