University Archivist, Interim Associate Dean for Special Collections & Area
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Download vCard Twitter
Tamar Chute is the University Archivist and Head of Archives at The Ohio State University. As Head of Archives, Chute manages the University Archives, Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center Archival Program, and Ohio Congressional Archives. She regularly gives presentations on all aspects of university history, including the University’s founding, student traditions and activities, buildings on campus, and OSU then-and-now.
Consultation and Support Areas
- Tamar Chute
- University history
- The Ohio State University's Sesquicentennial
I am a Professor and hold the appointment of University Archivist and Head of Archives at The Ohio State University. Since coming to the university in 1998 as the Assistant University Archivist, I have concentrated on outreach and engagement in the broadest sense – strongly believing in the university’s land-grant mission of serving the public.
As University Archivist, I oversee and implement outreach and engagement for the University Archives both on and off campus and administer the university’s records management program. In my capacity as keeper of the university’s memory, I am committed to providing open access of public records to all researchers in compliance with Ohio’s public records law.
- MLS, School of Library and Information Science, University of Maryland
Areas of Interest
- Teaching with primary sources
- Access and outreach
Professional Info Links
Committees and Service
- Management Committee
- Society of American Archivists (https://www2.archivists.org)
- Midwest Archives Conference (http://www.midwestarchives.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=92)
- • The Ohio State University Sesquicentennial (https://150.osu.edu/)