The Ohio Journal of School Mathematics is the journal of the Ohio Council of Teachers of Mathematics. It is intended to be a medium for teachers from elementary to college level to present their ideas and beliefs about the teaching and learning of mathematics. Mathematics educators at all levels are encouraged to submit manuscripts for upcoming issues of the Journal.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, PDF, or LaTeX format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- Manuscripts is double-spaced, uses a "professional" font (e.g., Times, Arial), and does not exceed the 3000 word limit. APA style is used in your submission Sources are cited with appropriate information such as author, journal or book title, publisher, date, and pages. Original figures, tables, and graphs appear embedded in the document.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring an Anonymous Review have been followed.
By submitting this agreement, the author hereby grants to The Ohio State University, on behalf of its University Libraries’ Knowledge Bank, 175 W. 18th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210 (hereinafter "Publisher") the non-exclusive right to reproduce, translate, display, and/or distribute the Submission (including the abstract) as part of the Ohio Council of Teachers of Mathematics’ Ohio Journal of School Mathematics (“Journal”), in print and electronic format and in any medium. You also agree that the Publisher may make and retain more than one copy for the purpose of preservation, security, and backup. You represent that you, as sole author and/or on behalf of your co-authors, have the authority to grant the rights contained in this agreement. You also represent that your Submission does not, to the best of your knowledge, infringe upon anyone’s copyright. If the Submission contains material for which you do not hold copyright, you represent that you have obtained the unrestricted permission of the copyright owner to grant the Publisher the rights in this agreement, and that such third party owned material is clearly identified and acknowledged within the text or content of the Submission. Alternatively, you represent that your use of third party material is allowed because the material is in the public domain or you have performed a fair use analysis and reasonably believe your use is permitted.
The author understands that the Publisher may grant these same rights to Journal. Additionally, the author also grants the right to both Journal and Publisher to enter into agreements with third party entities that grant such third party entities any or all of the rights that author has granted to Publisher herein. The aforementioned rights may include the rights necessary to index and abstract the Submission.
The author agrees that any subsequent publication of the Submission will credit the Journal as the site of first publication and provide a link to the Journal website.