University Libraries is looking forward to providing the services our students, faculty and staff need to meet their education and research goals in a safe and healthy environment. To that end:
- masks are required in all University Libraries facilities.
- the book stacks will remain closed to the public. Materials must be requested through paging. Only University Libraries staff may remove books from shelves. Any books brought to the circulation desk by visitors will have to be quarantined and unavailable for up to five days.
- requests for materials will be made online at library.osu.edu and picked up at the circulation or information desk within the library.
- visitors are asked to maintain a safe physical distance of six feet apart. We have spaced out seating in our common areas and closed our group study rooms to help make this possible.
- eating and drinking are not permitted in the libraries.
- returned materials will be quarantined for five days and will remain on your account until quarantine is complete and they have been checked in.
- due to quarantine, OhioLINK and Interlibrary Loan requests will be delayed.
- physical course reserves will not be available.
- requests for new materials will take longer than normal to process.
- Thompson and 18th Avenue Libraries will maintain normal hours, departmental libraries and special collection reading rooms will be operating on a modified schedule. Hours are subject to change. Please visit library.osu.edu for current information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep yourself, and your family and friends healthy and safe.