- MANDATORY: Login (Auto-Register) with the Knowledge Bank
- MANDATORY: Fill out authorization form
- Submitting an item to the Knowledge Bank
- Go to: https://kb.osu.edu
- Click on "Login" in the left-hand column under "My Account".
- Click on "OSU Login".
- Sign in with your OSU account (lastname.# and password) to be directed to your Submissions page
- OR if your OSU login is already in effect in your browser, you will be taken directly to your Submissions page.
2. Fill out the web form below and click on [Submit] to inform the Knowledge Bank staff that you have registered. They will authorize you to submit your work to the appropriate collection. Knowledge Bank staff will send you an e-mail when you have been authorized. If you have not heard back from Knowledge Bank staff within two business days, please email email@example.com.
Once authorized, when you click on "start a new submission" after logging in you will see the name of your Campus as a Living Laboratory Archive collection in the "Select a collection" dropdown on the "Select a collection" screen. Before you are authorized this collection will not be available.
Note: Please do not use spaces or special characters in your PDF filename. Spaces and special characters — such as [ , ] , ( , ) , ! , é , and ü — can prevent access to your work via the web once it is in the Knowledge Bank. Examples of properly named PDFs include: Your_Name_project.pdf, Name_project_2013.pdf, Name-Project.pdf. Also, please remember that the filename of your work will be visible to the general public.
- Go to https://kb.osu.edu
- Click on "Login".
- Click on "OSU Login".
- After logging in, click on "start a new submission".
- Select your collection from the dropdown. Note: you will not be able to select a collection until you are authorized to submit (step 2 above).
- Follow the steps of the submission form.
Note: As a repository for digital assets, OSU's Knowledge Bank acts as a permanent archive. All items submitted remain as is at the time of submission, just as books once published remain in the form in which they were printed. PDF files once placed in the Knowledge Bank will not be modified.
Problems? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Your work is done but it may take the Knowledge Bank staff 2 to 3 business days to add your submission to the Knowledge Bank. The system will send an email to you when it has been added informing you of the web address of your work. Items in the Knowledge Bank are indexed by Google but it may take two weeks before you will be able to find it in Google.
Link to this page: http://go.osu.edu/kb-living-lab-instructions