IDEAL ’19 Scholarships
The scholarship application deadline has passed. Applicant’s will be notified of their application status by March 30, 2019.
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, we are offering up to fifty $1,000 scholarships for individuals to attend IDEAL ’19: Advancing Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility in Libraries & Archives, August 6-7, 2019, in Columbus, Ohio. Funds from the scholarships may be used to cover the cost of registration, travel to and from the conference, lodging, and meals. The goal is to encourage conference participation and engagement of library staff and faculty who might not have the financial resources to attend IDEAL ‘19.
Applicants must exhibit financial need and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Student enrolled in a library and information science graduate program;
- Library support employees;
- Library professional within the first three years of their career;
- Others who exhibit financial need.
Benefits, Responsibilities, and Selection Information
Scholarship awardees will receive payment of $1,000 in one lump sum prior to the conference. Awardees will be responsible for registering for the conference, making arrangements for travel, and reserving hotel accommodations.
The selection committee is composed of members of the IDEAL ’19 Programming Committee and other leaders from the academic and public library communities. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by March 30, 2019.
Each applicant must submit the following information:
- An essay (400 words maximum) that describes how you will benefit from attending IDEAL ‘19 or how the event supports your learning and developmental interests and goals. Please include a brief statement of financial need and also a brief statement confirming how you meet one of the eligibility requirements stated above.
- A resume or CV; and
- A recommendation letter from a faculty member, supervisor, administrator, or mentor on appropriate letterhead. The letter should express support for your attendance at the conference and describe your demonstrated (or potential for) success in librarianship or in furthering equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Application materials should be sent to IDEAL19@osu.edu with the subject line “Scholarship Application”. It is preferred that the materials be combined into a single PDF file for submission. Application materials must be received by 5:00PM EST on March 1, 2019. Should you have questions, contact Christine OConnell at email@example.com.
Submissions without all of the stated requirements above will be considered incomplete, and will not be reviewed.