Make Google Scholar Work for You
Google Scholar indexes items Google considers scholarly, including articles, theses, books, preprints, abstracts, conference proceedings, and technical reports. The OSU Libraries subscribes to the electronic version of many of these materials and may own the print copy. Customize Google Scholar to find free full text provided by OSU Libraries and OhioLINK.
Customize Google Scholar for OSU
- Go to Settings (may be under MORE)
- In the Library Links tab, search for Ohio State and click the Find Library button.
- Check the box beside The Ohio State University Libraries- Find it at OSU
- Click Save button at the bottom right of the page.
In the Google Scholar results click the Find It! link to determine if online access is provided by OSU Libraries or OhioLINK. This link may be under MORE for some results. If a Find It! link is not offered try every available link, as Google Scholar may offer several sources for the same citation.
Use these OSU Libraries' services if you do not find free full text through Google Scholar
- Online catalog: search by journal title or book title.
- Online Journals List: search or browse by journal title.
- Research Databases List: search or browse by database name or browse by subject. Many database have full text or use Find It! to locate available full text provided by the OSU Libraries or OhioLINK.
- Request a copy via the OSU Libraries' Interlibrary Services.
Ask-Us a question if you did not find what you need or have other questions.