The Cold War is over, but traces are still visible in many parts of the world. The exhibition Creative Responses to the Cold War gathers international expressions of hope, anxiety, and dissent during an era of international fracture.
After World War II, citizens across the world experienced daunting new technologies, social transformation, and a decades-long struggle for supremacy between two superpowers. In the face of conflict and change, human innovation was a common thread that connected world citizens. This exhibition reconsiders this period through the lenses of human ingenuity, discovery, and resistance.
OSU Collections Represented Include:
• Area Studies
• Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum
• Hilandar Research Library
• Historic Costume & Textiles Collection
• Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee Theatre Research Institute
• Ohio Congressional Archives
• Rare Books and Manuscripts Library
• University Archives