Interest in Egypt's heritage never gets old. The Rare Books and Special Collections Library (RBSCL) at the American University in Cairo has been documenting Egyptian society and culture and that of the wider Middle East for several decades. In this webinar, librarians at the RBSCL will offer a glimpse of its programs.
- Stephen Urgola, University Archivist and Director of AUC Records Management, will introduce the library and the team's efforts.
- Amr Omar, Assistant Director for Middle East/Egyptology Collections, will present on recent acquisitions of the archives of Egyptian Egyptologists.
- Eman Morgan, Assistant Director for Special Projects, Electronic Media and Professional Development, will cover holdings she curates such as historical magazines and maps.
- Balsam Abdelrahman, Assistant Director for Regional Architecture Collections, will discuss the archives of major leading Egyptian architects.
- Ola Seif, Assistant Director for Regional Photography, will present on photography collections ranging from 19th century images to the work of 20th century studio photographer Van-Leo.
Panel Organizer: Magda El-Sherbini, MLS, Professor, Middle East & Islamic Librarian, The Ohio State University Libraries
Moderator: Ann Marie L. Davis, PhD, MLS, Associate Professor, Japanese Studies Librarian, The Ohio State University Libraries
Sponsored by: The Ohio State University’s International and Area Studies Department, The Middle East Center at The Ohio State University and Near Eastern and South Asian Languages and Cultures Department at The Ohio State University
This virtual program will include automated captioning. If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Requests made at least one week prior to the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.