Data visualization (or data viz for short) has rapidly developed into a huge area of interest for a broad group of users including researchers, businesses and anyone looking to effectively communicate a large amount of information to a specific audience. If you have a research question that utilizes data, data visualization and its associated tools can help you analyze and make sense of the information you have gathered. In this presentation, participants will:
- Be introduced to what data visualization is and why it is both an important and relevant skill to learn in this day and age.
- Learn more about the types of data visualizations available to choose from and reasons for using specific types of visualization.
- Take a look at some resources available for learning more about different types of data visualizations and how to create them.
- Explore some of the tools used to create data visualizations in a variety of fields.
- Watch a video showcasing what a great visualization and presentation can look like.
- Gain some useful tips on how to better design your next visualization.
- Find out what the Ohio State University Libraries has to offer in terms of data visualization support.
Who: OSU faculty, staff, post docs and graduate students
When: Monday, August 31, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible. Requests made by Aug. 24th will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date. A captioned recording of this program will be available within 7-10 business days following the event posted to the University Libraries website.