Students’ ability to find, critically evaluate and effectively engage with information is instrumental to their academic success. Are you interested in more purposefully integrating information literacy concepts into your courses? This summer, University Libraries is offering a free virtual information literacy workshop series. Each workshop in the series will cover a core information literacy concept from the Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education (ACRL, 2015).
The first workshop will take place on Thursday, May 28 from noon - 1 p.m. and will cover the concept of Scholarship as Conversation. In this interactive workshop, you will identify some of the student learning bottlenecks that are related to this concept and learn practical strategies for helping students to more effectively engage with scholarly conversations.
To register for this workshop, go to: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3qnRXNTY0rW4E0B.
Not able to make the live workshop? A self-guided version of the workshop is available here: https://go.osu.edu/scholcon
Information Literacy Virtual Workshop Series
Thursday, June 4, noon-1 p.m.
- Topic: Research as Inquiry
- Register at https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1Su6W2kgzsafU2x
Thursday, June 11, noon-1 p.m.
- Topic: Information Has Value
- Register at https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3DTk70Jr6j1so73
Thursday, June 18, noon-1 p.m.
- Topic: Authority is Constructed and Contextual
- Register at https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1HMlRQ91lNLZfJr
Thursday, June 25, noon-1 p.m.
- Topic: Information Creation as a Process
- Register at https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cSVj98kJRY93fF3
Thursday, July 2, noon-1 p.m.
- Topic: Searching as Strategic Exploration
- Register at https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6gmu8qJZB5v5Gm1
For questions, contact Jane Hammons (.73).