Updated August 5, 2020
In an effort to keep our communities safe and following university coronavirus (COVID-19) protocols, University Libraries has closed all facilities and moved to a virtual services model. A phased return to services began on July 13. The services are as follows:
Contact-free Book Returns
The Thompson Library book drop opened on July 13 for contact-free return of library materials. All University Libraries facilities remain closed to the public.
All returned materials will be quarantined before being checked in and made available to other users. If you or a member of your household are ill, we ask that you continue to renew your materials and wait to return them until you have been symptom-free for 72 hours.
Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Once your request is ready, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to schedule a time to pick up your materials. All pickups will take place at the Oval entrance to Thompson Library. All University Libraries facilities remain closed to the public.
Materials from University Libraries collections will become available for contact-free pickup as facilities reopen. Those dates are as follows:
- July 15: Thompson Library
- July 20: Architecture Library, Biological Sciences/Pharmacy Library, Book Depository, FAES Library & Student Success Center, Geology Library, Health Sciences Library, Law Library and Veterinary Medicine Library
- August 10: 18th Avenue Library, Fine Arts Library, Music & Dance Library, Lima Library, Mansfield Library, Marion Library, Newark Library, Wooster ATI Library and Wooster OARDC Library
Scanning and electronic delivery of materials from Thompson Library Special Collections, University Archives and Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum resumed on July 20. You may submit requests via the email addresses listed below.
- Thompson Library Special Collections: email@example.com
- University Archives: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum: email@example.com
Scanning of articles and chapters from the Thompson Library print collections through ILLiad Article Express service resumed on July 20.
OhioLINK borrowing of physical items from other locations will begin August 10.
Due to increased requests, and additional precautions to protect both you and our employees, it may take longer than usual to fulfill your request for materials. You will receive an email as soon as your materials are ready.
Our extensive collection of digital materials remains available, and the majority of library services are accessible remotely. For answers to common questions regarding borrowed materials, circulation and more, please visit our FAQ page.
Checking Out Materials
- How do I get a book?
- How long can I borrow a book?
- How do I know when a book I ordered has arrived?
- Can I have books delivered to my office or dorm?
- How do I borrow a book when its location in the OSU catalog is marked "Book Depository"?
- As a Distance User, can I have library materials shipped to my home?
- Who can borrow books?
- Can I authorize someone to borrow and request library materials on my Library Account?
- Do visiting scholars have access to OSU materials?
Borrowing Beyond OSU
- How do I borrow a book that OSU does not own?
- How do I borrow a book that OSU, OhioLINK, and SearchOhio does not own?
Renewing and Returning Materials
- Where can I return library materials?
- Will I be notified when an item is due?
- How can I see what I have checked out or requested?
- How can I renew books?
- What if I can't find the book I borrowed?