November 19, 2020
In an effort to keep our communities safe, and following university COVID-19 protocols, many University Libraries services are now contact-free. The services are as follows:
Contact-free book returns
Library materials can be returned at the Thompson Library book drop located on the west end of the library. All returned materials will be quarantined for five days before being checked in and will remain on your account during that time. Receipts cannot be issued before materials are checked in.
If you or a member of your household are ill, we ask that you continue to renew your materials and wait to return them until you have been symptom-free for 72 hours.
At Thompson Library location only
Patrons affiliated with The Ohio State University can submit requests for physical materials through the online catalog.
You can select contact-free pickup or campus delivery of physical materials.
You will receive a confirmation email when your materials are ready to be picked up.
Scanning and electronic delivery of materials from Thompson Library Special Collections, University Archives and Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum has resumed. You may submit requests via the email addresses listed below.
- Thompson Library Special Collections: email@example.com
- University Archives: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum: email@example.com
Scanning of articles and chapters from the Thompson Library print collections through ILLiad Article Express service has resumed.
Due to increased requests, quarantining and additional precautions to protect both you and our employees, it may take longer than usual to fulfill your request for materials. You will receive an email as soon as your materials are ready.
For answers to common questions regarding borrowed materials, circulation and more, please visit our FAQ page.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Checking Out Materials
- How do I get a book?
- How long can I borrow a book?
- How do I know when a book I ordered has arrived?
- Can I have books delivered to my office or dorm?
- How do I borrow a book when its location in the OSU catalog is marked "Book Depository"?
- As a Distance User, can I have library materials shipped to my home?
- Who can borrow books?
- Can I authorize someone to borrow and request library materials on my Library Account?
- Do visiting scholars have access to OSU materials?
Borrowing Beyond OSU
- How do I borrow a book that OSU does not own?
- How do I borrow a book that OSU, OhioLINK, and SearchOhio does not own?
Renewing and Returning Materials
- Where can I return library materials?
- Will I be notified when an item is due?
- How can I see what I have checked out or requested?
- How can I renew books?
- What if I can't find the book I borrowed?