Submitted by Amanda Folk:
OhioLINK, ALAO (Academic Library Association of Ohio) Scholarly Communications Interest Group, and the University of Akron’s Affordable Learning Initiative are co-sponsoring an Affordable Learning Ohio Summit to be hosted at the University of Akron on August 1st and 2nd, 2018.
REGISTER NOW: https://uakron.edu/affordablelearning/events/
This event is designed to help foster information sharing amongst institutions in the State of Ohio that are currently engaged with an affordable learning initiative. The free (for main summit registrants) and optional half-day pre-summit on August 1st is for individuals (librarians, instructional designers, administrators) to learn about open educational resources, open textbooks, and copyright. The main summit (65$ registration fee) on August 2nd will include sessions on Building Partnerships on Your Campus, Funding and Grant Opportunities, Enduring Engagement with Your Initiative, and Open Authorship.
• instructional designers
• Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:00pm – 5pm
• Thursday, August 2, 2018 8:15am – 4:00pm
• The University of Akron Student Union Ballroom
303 Carroll Street
Akron, Ohio 44325
• This event is $65 for attendees and includes meals, beverages and parking.
• Optional, free (for main summit registrants) pre-summit is limited to first 45 attendees. Main summit is limited to 150 attendees.