- September 19, 2017 Submitted by Erica Jonak: Sean Moodie joins University Libraries September 25 as Production Assistant in Publishing Services. In this role, Sean will perform publishing services across multiple software platforms on multiple simultaneous projects. Production work will include submitting content, creating metadata, layout editing, author proofing workflows, and scheduling and supervising the production work of student ... Read more
- September 19, 2017 Submitted by Jolie Braun: Rare Books and Manuscripts Library’s Ninth Annual Preview Night will showcase recent acquisitions from the 12th through the 21st centuries.
The program and reception are Thursday, October 19, from 6-8 p.m. in the Thompson Library Creighton Reading Room.
The event is free and open to the public.
- September 18, 2017 Join the UX Cohort from noon to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, October 17, for an ARCL-sponsored program “How to Think (and Act) Like a UX Librarian.” We’ll meet in Thompson 150 A&B to watch online. You don’t need to be a member of the UX Cohort to attend – everybody’s welcome!
In the past few years, ... Read more
- September 18, 2017 Submitted by Sue Rahnema: Training Committee invites you to join us on October 3 in Thompson Library room 165 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. to learn about how the team in the Research Commons is making use of Teamwork Projects. Teamwork Projects has everything you need to track a project from start to finish. ... Read more
- September 18, 2017 Submitted by Emily Shaw: Carli Spina, Head Librarian for Assessment and Outreach at the Boston College Libraries, will explain how to design presentation materials that are accessible, including providing demonstrations of the accessibility features of popular presentation softwares, and how to ensure that your presentation is accessible for all of your audience members. Sponsored by ... Read more
- September 12, 2017 Submitted by Leigh Bonds: The Research Commons will be hosting the panel “In Collaboration: Faculty Experiences Building DH Projects with Librarians” for the Ohio Digitization Interest Group’s meeting on September 28, 10:30-11 a.m. The panel presentation is open to the campus community.
Panelists will provide an overview of their projects and discuss their collaborations with librarians, ... Read more
- September 7, 2017 Submitted by Sean Ferguson: On Monday, September 18, a screening of Dani Kouyaté’s film, Keita: The heritage of the griot (1995) will take place in advance of Kouyaté’s public lecture on Monday, September 25, hosted by Prof. Ryan Skinner, Musicology.
Dani Kouyaté is a West African director of film and theater, writer, actor, storyteller and musician, ... Read more