- May 26, 2017 From John Dewees: Many thanks to Shannon Niemeyer for being a wonderful help in getting everything ready for the staff mentorship recognition event. She was invaluable in navigating catering, room set up, and all the myriad details involved with event planning. Thanks so much!
From John Dewees: Thanks to Orie Bolin and Eric Parrish for getting ... Read more
- May 25, 2017 Submitted by Josh Sadvari: Lee-Arng Chang joins the Libraries’ staff as the Data Visualization Specialist on June 12.
Lee-Arng will be an instrumental member of the Research Commons team, helping to develop and implement a new suite of services around data visualization. Lee-Arng’s work will support the research needs of faculty and students around data visualization ... Read more
- May 24, 2017 Submitted by Lisa Patton-Glinski: A second date and time has been identified for Ologie, the marketing firm, to facilitate a stakeholder session with University Libraries faculty and staff. The additional offering is June 6 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in room 122 at the Libraries Tech Center. We hope that you will be able to ... Read more
- May 23, 2017 The game is afoot!
The new exhibition Hot on the Trail of Iconic Detectives explores popular depictions of fictional detectives over the last 150 years. The exhibition is curated by English Librarian Jennifer Schnabel. It opens May 24 in Thompson Library Gallery. The gallery is open daily during the summer from noon until 6 p.m.
We often ... Read more
- May 23, 2017 Submitted by Sandra Enimil: Please join the Libraries’ Diversity and Inclusion Committee for a 90 minute workshop from the American Library Association (ALA) entitled “Offering Service and Support to the LGBTQIA Community and Allies Workshop,” Wednesday, June 7, 2:30 p.m., with presenter Jessica Jupitus. The program will be viewed in the Thompson Library, Rooms 150 A/B. ... Read more
- May 22, 2017 We need your help—and a little of your time–so University Libraries can better support Ohio State faculty, staff, students, and stakeholders.
Complimentary to our current strategic planning process efforts, University Libraries has partnered with Ologie–a Columbus based higher education branding and marketing firm–to collaborate with us on the development of a comprehensive strategy and messaging framework ... Read more
- May 22, 2017 Submitted by Kristin Gall: Timesheets for Pay Period 25 must be approved by 10 a.m. on Tuesday, May 30. Please remind all bi-weekly staff and student employees to submit their timesheet for approval at the end of their last scheduled shift during the week of May 22.
Supervisors: If you will be out of the office ... Read more
- May 22, 2017 Submitted by Nicole Hernandez: The Research Commons will be screening the “Data Curation” Webcast presented by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) on Wednesday, June 14, 1 – 2 p.m. The “Data Curation” webcast will review survey findings reported by ARL member libraries in January 2017. The survey authors will:
provide a snapshot of data curation ... Read more