- March 27, 2017 Description: The First-Year Experience (FYE) Instructional Aid Assistant will facilitate, coordinate, and manage University Libraries services in support of first-year students. This includes: oversight and coordination in the delivery of OutLoud, the online library assignment deployed within the for-credit University Survey course taught by academic advisors; coordination and teaching of workshops for the First-Year Success ... Read more
- March 27, 2017 There are a limited number of complimentary tickets to the Home Improvement Show available in Suite 305 of the Thompson Library. The tickets will be distributed in pairs on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The Home Improvement Show is March 31 through April 2 at the Ohio Expo Center.
- March 25, 2017 Sara Chan, currently night supervisor at the Thompson Library, has accepted the Library Associate 2 position at the Food, Agriculture & Environmental Sciences Library (FAES) Library. Sara will assist in the day-to-day management and operation of the library, overseeing circulation services, managing and supervising students and coordinating the acquisition of library materials and supplies.
Sara ... Read more
- March 24, 2017 The Ohio State University Libraries and BalletMet 2 will be partnering to share a performance experience for Thompson Library visitors on Thursday, March 30, at 1 p.m., in the east atrium, with a preview of choreography from the Opera Columbus production of Carmen. The choreography by OSU Department of Dance faculty member Susan Petry, whose ... Read more
- March 24, 2017 In case you couldn’t make it to the two lectures on March 23, links to videos of the presentations are now available:
Counting What Counts Most: Monitoring the Factors that Support Student Success
Speaker: Julie Carpenter-Hubin, OSU Assistant Vice President of Institutional Research and Planning
The Ohio State University uses multiple datasets to inform us about our practices ... Read more
- March 24, 2017 Fiscal Associate Stephanie Demos in the Library Business Office has accepted a promotion with the Wexner Medical Center as Fiscal Officer. Stephanie’s last day will be April 13.
Accountant Anne Wilcheck, also in the Library Business Office, has accepted a position in Cleveland to be closer to family and work for her favorite baseball team, the ... Read more
- March 23, 2017 Want to build your influence as a manager? Ohio State staff managers have a unique opportunity to attend a free professional development conference on the Columbus campus. The full-day conference on May 11, 2017 features leaders and professional speakers sharing practical tools, examples and tips to understand and expand your influence.
The conference, which is hosted ... Read more
- March 16, 2017 Bringing it all Together: A Conversation on University Libraries Analytics Initiatives and Opportunities
Wednesday, March 29, Thompson Library 165, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Speaker: Sarah Murphy, Coordinator of Assessment, University Libraries
Sarah will review key takeaways from the previous programs and facilitate an interactive discussion on opportunities for collaborating and incorporating analytics into library services and programs to better position University Libraries ... Read more
- March 7, 2017 Join Magda El-Sherbini and OSUL’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee in the Thompson Library, Room 150A, from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 30, for a brown bag presentation on sadu.
Sadu is a traditional weaving art of the Bedouin people of the Arabian Peninsula that has been practiced for centuries and continues to be practiced today. ... Read more