In 1888, the campus of then 18-year-old Ohio State University occupied the same space it had at its founding, roughly 100 acres stretching from High Street to Neil Avenue, and from 11th Avenue to Woodruff Avenue. Its physical plant still consisted largely of University Hall – in the early years, the campus’ only building – boarding houses, and scattered agricultural buildings. Woods occupied the northeast corner of campus. Horse-drawn streetcars ran the length of High Street. Neil Avenue north of 11th was unpaved.