A Firefox web browser extension that allows the collection, management, and citing of research sources. It save links, files, and Web pages for later retrieval. Automatically captures citation information and exports the cites in a variety of styles.
Why Zotero?: The software makes it easier to keep track of networked resources as they are discovered, then retrieved later to create lists of cited works.
- Capture of citation information from web pages
- Storage of PDFs, files, images, links, and whole web pages
- Flexible notetaking with autosave
- As-you-type search through materials
- Playlist-like library organization, including saved searches and tags
- Platform for new forms of digital research that can be extended with other web tools and services
- Formatted citation export
- Free and open source
- Integration with Microsoft Word and OpenOffice
- Saves records and notes in any language
- Integration with WordPress and other blogging software
Let us know what you think: enter your comment below, or click here to fill out a one-minute short survey.