The Thompson Library provides a variety of study spaces, an extensive collection, and faculty and staff to help with research.
Entrances: There are entrances on the Oval (east) and Neil Avenue (west) sides of the building.
Computers: There are more than 230 computers available.
Wireless Access: OSU Wireless service is available throughout the building.
- Places to study:
- Grand Reading Room (east), Room 200: Traditional quiet study space overlooking the Oval.
- Group Study Rooms (west): Work together on class projects.
- Buckeye Reading Room (west), Room 260: Study space with a view of West Campus
- Quiet Study: Rooms 440, 445, 450, 455
- Stacks Tower, Floors 6-10: Various types of study space on each of these tower floors
- Campus Reading Room (top floor): Enjoy 11th floor views of the entire campus and downtown Columbus
Circulation Desks: The desk on the east side of the Library, on the first floor, is the place to borrow and return materials and pick up reserve items.
Information Desk: The first floor information desk, opposite the elevators, is the place for help and assistance.
Gallery: Check out exhibits from the Libraries' special collections in the Thompson Library Gallery. Hours are Monday-Wednesday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Thursday, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday, noon - 5 p.m.
Buckeye Bar (Room 60A, west): Face-to-face technology help and service to current students, faculty and staff.
Berry Cafe (Ground floor, west entrance): Pick up a snack, sandwich, a salad and your favorite beverages. And you're welcome to eat them in the library.
Video tour: Take a look at this brief video tour of the Thompson Library.