Current Population Report by Series
- PS: Migration and Other Characteristics of the Population
- Reports in this series provide data on employment, income, marital status, migration, and school enrollment. Produced 1944-1947.
See: PS-1 to PS-24 (annotated title list)
- P20: Population Characteristics (HA195A3)
- Reports in this series contain data on race, ethnicity, marital status, living arrangements, household and family characteristics, school enrollment, educational attainment, fertility, mobility and voting. Produced 1946 to present. Many current reports available online.
See: P20-1 to P20-200 (annotated title list)
See: P20-201 to P20-400 (annotated title list)
See: P20-401 to P20-555 (annotated title list)
- P21: Population Characteristics (of Specified Metropolitan Districts): April 1947
- Reports in this series contain data on age, race, sex, marital status, veteran status, migration, and school enrollment for the specified metropolitan area. Produced 1947.
See: P21-1 to P21-35 (title list)
- P23: Special Studies (HA195A3245)
- Reports in this series provide information about concepts and methods used in gathering data and creating reports. This series also contains analyses of topics of interest, for example, children and youth, illiteracy, fertility, poverty, and social and economic status. Produced 1942 to present. Many current reports available online.
See: P23-1 to P23-211 (annotated title list)
- P25: Population Estimates and Projections (HA195A33)
- Reports in this series provide estimates updating decennial census figures and projections of the population. Estimates are based on administrative records maintained by federal agencies. In general, statistical methods are used to formulate projections. Produced 1947 to present. Many current reports available online.
See: P25-1 to P25-200 (title list) See: P25-601 to P25-800 (title list) See: P25-201 to P25-400 (title list) See: P25-801 to P25-1000 (title list) See: P25-401 to P25-600 (title list) See: P25-1000 to P25-1134 (title list)
- P26: Federal-State Cooperative Population Estimates/Local Population Estimates (HA195A28 and HA195A282)
- Reports in this series provide population estimates of counties. Produced 1969-1990.
P26-1 to P26-138 (title list)
P26-75-1 to P26-82-51-C (title list)
P26-82-1-SC to P26-88-WNC-SC (title list)
- P27: Farm Population (HB2385A2U5)
- Reports in this series provide demographic, economic, employment, and educational attainment data for rural and farm populations in the United States. Produced 1945-1988.
[P27]-1 to P27-61 (annotated title list)
- P28: Special Censuses of Local Areas (HA203A216)
- Reports in this series provide the results of special censuses taken at the request and expense of local governments. They include population data by sex and race for specified areas. Additional data is provided in reports for special censuses taken after 1960. Produced 1946 to 1980. P-SC series produced 1943-1945.
P-SC-1 to P-SC-101 (title list) P28-102 to P28-300 (title list) P28-901 to P28-1100 (title list) P28-301 to P28-500 (title list) P28-1101 to P28-1300 (title list) P28-501 to P28-700 (title list) P28-1301 to P28-1500 (title list) P28-701 to P28-900 (title list) P28-1501 to P28-1567 (title list)
- P38: Negro Statistics
- Reports providing data on conventions called by, and publications of, African-American interstate and state organizations. Produced 1949 through 1950.
P38-1 and P38-2 (annotated title list)
- P43, P44, P45, P46, P47: Estimates and Forecasts of the Population
- Reports in these series provide data on the estimated population of the United States and smaller geographic areas. Various reports include migration, marriage, reproduction, labor force, income, and educational attainment figures. Produced 1943 through 1947.
P43-1 through P47-5 (annotated title list)
- P50: Labor Force Statistics
- Reports analyzing the labor force, employment, unemployment and related data. Includes data on full- and part-time workers, work experience, school enrollment, educational attainment, job mobility, and marital and family characteristics of workers. Produced 1947 to 1959.
P50-1 through P50-91 (title list)
- P51: Labor Force Characteristics (of Specified Metropolitan Districts): April 1947
- Reports providing data on labor force, employment, unemployment, and related data for specific metropolitan areas. Produced 1947.
P51-1 through P51-35 (title list)
- P60: Consumer Income and Poverty (HC110I5A35)
- Reports in this series provide information about families, individuals, and households at various income levels in the United States. Income data is cross-tabulated by age, sex, race, marital status, family size, education, occupation, and other characteristics. Produced 1948 to present. Many current and selected older reports available online.
P60-1 to P60-200 (title list)
P60-201 to P60-229 (title list)
- P65: Consumer Buying Indicators (HC110C6A3)
- Reports in this series present data on household expectations to purchase automobiles, houses, and selected household durables. Produced 1963-1977.
P65-1 to P65-48 (title list)
- P70: Household Economic Studies (HA203C87)
- Reports from the Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP). Produced 1984 to present. Many current reports available online.
P70-1 to P70-92 (annotated title list)
- P80: Prisoners
- Reports in this series provide data on characteristics of prison inmates include admissions, discharges, movement, and executions. Produced 194_ through 1949.
PN-1 through P80-15
- P85: Mental Institutions
- Reports in this series provide statistics on characteristics of patients admitted to, and discharged from, mental institutions, and size and characteristics of the staff of those institutions. Produced 194_ through 1947.
MP-1 through P85-18 (annotated title list)
- P90: International Population Statistics Reports (HA155A3)
- Reports in this series provide demographic, economic, and labor force data for foreign countries. They also provide information about the methodologies used to gather and compile the data. Produced 1952-1976.
P90-1 to P90-25 (annotated title list)
- P91: International Population Reports (HA155A29)
- Reports in this series provide population forecasts and projections for foreign countries, some reports include age, sex, educational attainment, labor force, and other data. Produced 1952-1973.
P91-1 to P91-23 (annotated title list)
- P95: International Population Reports (varies)
- Reports in this series present demographic and socioeconomic data for foreign countries and world regions. Produced 1957-1993 as P95 series, 1995 to 1996 as IPC series, 2001 as P95 series. Some reports issued as WP series. Some reports available online.
P95-50 to WP/02-2 (annotated title list - incomplete)