The Archives maintains a Master List of titles and identification numbers for all the collections maintained in the Archives.
The collections may be as large as 600 boxes or as small as one item. If you'd like to know more about any of them, contact us.
Complete finding aids for a select number of collections are available through OhioLink Finding Aids. Direct links are listed below:
- Edward Orton, Jr. Papers
- Faculty Papers of I. Keith Tyler
- Howard Landis Bevis Papers
- Institute for Education by Radio and Television Papers
- Jesse Owens Collection
- Julius F. Stone Papers
- Novice G. Fawcett Papers
- Ohio School of the Air Papers
- Ralph D. Mershon Papers
- Wayne W. "Woody" Hayes Papers
If you are unable to find what you're looking for in any of these finding aids, please don't hesitate to contact us.
The links above do not represent the entires holdings of the archives. In addition to those materials listed in the finding aids, other records, papers, publications, audiovisual materials, and approximately two million photographic images are available for public use. The following is a partial list of the kinds of materials found in the archives:
- Office Files (correspondence, minutes, reports, etc.) of most University offices
- Records of many student organizations
- Papers of distinguished faculty
- University publications, including yearbooks, commencement programs, directories, catalogs, bulletins, news releases, and technical reports
- Biographical files concerning University faculty and administrative staff
- Newspaper clippings, compiled principally from local and campus sources on a variety of University related topics and persons
- Histories of many University departments and divisions
- Photographs, films, and videotapes of campus buildings, departments, student activities, events, athletics, and views of the University
- Histories of University buildings
- Minutes of University committees, councils, and task forces
- Football and other athletic programs
- Comprehensive index to the OSU Alumni Magazine
If you are interested in an individual, department or topic not listed above, please contact us and we'll be happy to assist you with your research.