Please carefully read this information to help you borrow OSU library materials. Most OSU library locations are open for use of materials and other available services; however, borrowing materials is limited to holders of a valid OSU identification (ID) card, an OSU Libraries Courtesy Card, or a valid ID from any other OhioLINK institution. A valid picture ID is required for circulation of In-House items.
You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your ID. To meet this responsibility, you should monitor your borrowing record on a regular basis (we suggest weekly) by logging in to My Library Account. The libraries send email notices as a courtesy to patrons to aid you in keeping track of all your transactions and to renew items, but you should check My Library Account regularly. In monitoring your use, please follow these guidelines:
- Understand that OSU items due dates may vary by library location, item type (book, journal, etc.) and patron type (faculty, undergraduate, graduate, etc.). Also, a due date may be changed if someone else requests a book that you have checked out. OhioLINK materials circulate for 3 weeks to all patrons and may be renewed up to 4 times provided the item has not been requested by another patron.
- In order to avoid fines, please return or renew your materials on time. Items cannot be renewed if they have been recalled, are non-renewable, or if you have received a bill for them. You may request a receipt for every item you return.
- Please keep your address current and be sure to check your OSU e-mail to facilitate receiving courtesy notices on overdue items, recalls, and requests. To help us maintain your correct address please view your patron record regularly and take appropriate action if we have an incorrect address:
- FACULTY/STAFF: To keep this complete address, including room number, in your library record PERMANENTLY, you'll need to make sure it's on file with Human Resources. To do that you can use the new Employee Self Service (ESS) system. To sign into the ESS, go to: http://eprofile.osu.edu. Go to this link to find tutorials on how to use the system. We ask you to please make the necessary changes to your on-campus address before requesting any more materials to be sent to your office.
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS: To keep this complete address, including room number, in your library record PERMANENTLY, you’ll need to make sure the information is in the Student Information System (SIS). You’ll need to go to Buckeye Link (http://buckeyelink.osu.edu/) and click on the My Student Center link to do this. Go to this link for a complete guide to the system and how to use it. We ask you to please make the necessary changes to your on-campus address before requesting any more materials to be sent to your on-campus residence.
- GRADUATE STUDENTS: You will need to make these changes in BOTH the ESS and the SIS to make them permanent. We ask you to please make the necessary changes to your on-campus address before requesting any more materials to be sent to your office or on-campus residence.