The Ohio State University Libraries Circulation Services are committed to meeting the diverse and changing needs of the University's students, faculty, and staff and non-University visitors and scholars by providing information and services related to the circulation of the OSU and OhioLINK materials, access to these collections, and assist in the location of materials for research and leisure use. Circulation desks at each library locations serve as an initial contact point for library questions, general reference information, and the central contact for many of the library services, including Course Reserves, circulation authorizations, and access to databases for non-OSU patrons.
The Libraries lending policies have been adopted by the Council on Libraries and Information Technology, a committee of the University Senate. In addition to the Libraries Circulation Policies, we encourage all of our patrons to follow our Customer Code of Conduct.
- Who can borrow books?
- How long can I borrow a book?
- What if the book I need is checked out?
- What if the book I borrowed is requested (recalled) by another patron?
- How do I borrow a book that OSU does not own?
- What's the quickest way to get a book?
- How do I know when a book I ordered has arrived?
- Can I get books delivered to my office or dorm?
- How can I see what I have checked out or requested?
- Will I be notified when an item is due?
- How can I renew books?
- Where can I return library materials?
- What are the fines for late books?
- How do I pay Library fines?
- Can I authorized someone to borrow and request library materials on My Library Account?
- How can I obtain a locker key?
- How do I reserve a group study room in Thompson Library?
- How can I obtain access to use the public computers in Thompson Library?
- Do visiting scholars have access to OSU materials?