The Ohio State University Libraries Circulation Services are committed to meeting the diverse and changing needs of the University's faculty, staff, student and non-University visitors and scholars by providing information and services related to the circulation of the OSU, OhioLINK, and SearchOhio meterials, access to these collections, and assist in the location of materials for research and leisure use. Circulation desks at each library locations services as an initial contact point for library questions, general reference information, and the central contact for many of thelibrary services, including Course Reserves, circulation authorizations, and access to databases for non-OSU patrons.
The Libraries lending policies have been adopted by the Council on Libraries and Information Technology, a committee of the University Senate. In addition to the Libraries Circulation Policies, we encourage all of our patrons to follow our Customer Code of Conduct.
- Who can borrow books?
- How long can I borrow a book?
- How do I get a book?
- How do I borrow a book that OSU does not own?
- How do I borrow a book that OSU, OhioLINK, and SearchOhio does not own?
- How do I know when a book I ordered has arrived?
- Can I have books delivered to my office or dorm?
- How can I see what I have checked out or requested?
- Will I be notified when an item is due?
- How can I renew books?
- Where can I return library materials?
- What are the fines for late books?
- What if I can't fine the book I borrowed?
- How do I appeal a fine?
- How do I pay library fines?
- Can I authorize someone to borrow and request library materials on My Library Account?
- How can I obtain a locker key?
- How do I reserve a group study room in OSU Libraries?
- Do visiting scholars have access to OSU materials?
- How can I obtain access to the public computers if I'm not an OSU faculty, staff, or student?
- How do I print in the Libraries?