The Veterinary Medicine Library will be open during break hours (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm) from April 30 through August 26.
The Veterinary Medicine Library will be open the following hours during finals week:
Tuesday 4/22 (Reading Day): 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
Wednesday 4/23: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
Thursday 4/24: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
Friday 4/25: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday 4/26: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday 4/27: 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Monday 4/28: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
Tuesday 4/29: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
We will be open during break hours (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm) from April 30 through August 26.
The Veterinary Medicine Library will close at 5pm on Friday, March 7. It be open for break hours of 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday and closed weekends through Sunday, March 16. Normal semester hours will resume on Monday, March 17.
The Veterinary Medicine Library will close at 5pm on Tuesday, November 26 and Wednesday, November 27. It will be closed from Thursday, November 28 through Saturday, November 30 and will reopen on Sunday, December 1 at the usual time of 2pm.
The Veterinary Medicine Library will be closed on Monday, November 11 in honor of Veterans Day. The library will reopen on Tuesday, November 12 at the usual time of 8am.
We’ve updated the A/V equipment in the group study rooms at the Veterinary Medicine Library! We have new widescreen, flat-panel monitors which will let you you plug your laptop or tablet into the wall so your group can view your desktop together. (Ask for a VGA or HDMI cable at the circulation desk.) You can still view DVDs and VHS tapes in the group study rooms, too.
As we welcome the incoming Class of 2017 and our returning graduate and professional students, we’re introducing a new food policy for the Veterinary Medicine Library.
- Food waste and trash MUST be disposed of in a trashcan in the hallway, not in the Library itself, to prevent overflowing trashcans, odors, and infestations of pests that can damage library materials.
- Food is prohibited at all computer workstations and near anatomical specimens or models.
- Beverages must be in containers with lids.
- You are responsible for cleaning up your space before you leave. All food and beverage crumbs and spills must be removed from tabletops, chairs and floors. Cleaning wipes are located at the circulation desk. Spills that you cannot remove on your own must be reported to the Library’s employees, who will provide additional cleaning products and report the spill to housekeeping, if necessary.
- Be considerate when selecting the foods you eat in the library:
- Avoid foods that stain fabrics or that are particularly messy.
- Avoid strongly aromatic food.
- Avoid especially noisy foods or packaging.
BrowZine is a tablet application that allows you to browse, read and monitor electronic journals from the iPad. This allows a browseable interface for eJournals as well as the ability to create a personalized journal bookshelf. Items found in BrowZine can easily be synced up with Zotero, Dropbox or several other services to help keep all of your information together in one place.
To get started, search for “BrowZine” in the App Store and download the app for free; when initially launching BrowZine, select Ohio State from the drop down list. You will be prompted to login with your name.# and password to gain access to our subscribed journals through BrowZine.
Their Support page (http://support.thirdiron.com/) includes a list of publishers that are supported and other helpful information.
Video Introduction of the App: http://thirdiron.com/browzine-ipad-app/video/
Trial Dates: Now through the end of summer.
Please direct any feedback to Aaron Olivera at 614-688-5299 or email@example.com.
The Veterinary Medicine Library will be closed on July 4 in observance of Independence Day. It will be closed on July 5 for carpet shampooing. Regular summer hours of 8am-5pm Monday-Friday will resume on Monday, July 8.