First Nursing Class

Homeopathic Hospital Staff, 1919

Homeopathic Hospital Staff, 1919

Four women comprised the first class of the Homeopathic Hospital Training School for Nurses, a three-year diploma program. Education consisted of a once-a-week lecture and 12 hour hospital shifts, seven days a week with tending to patients, folding linens, mixing medication, cleaning instruments, delivering food, and occasionally mopping floors or washing dishes.

Posted in Centennial, College of Nursing, The Ohio State University |

Comments are closed.