During winter quarter, we will be offering 3 CMS classes:
- Introduction to the CMS: covers how to use the CMS to create pages and a short portion on the navigational structure. Each session includes significant hands-on practice time. This class is REQUIRED in order to create pages using the CMS.
- Carmen Library Link and Subject Pages: covers the Carmen Library Link (CLL) editor and the connection from that system to the CMS for the creation of Subject pages using Carmen Library Link widgets. This session will also cover the changes to the CLL editor, so even those using it for a while are encouraged to attend.
- Open Lab: Come with your questions and/or work in SEL 390 with helpers standing by, it’s up to you. If you have a particular question, please share it on the registration form so we can be prepared to answer it. These require registration so we can be sure to have enough helpers.
Registration is required for ALL classes.
All sessions are held in Room 390 of the Science and Engineering Library. Please use our sign up form to register. Space is limited to 14 participants per session.
Here’s the training schedule for winter quarter:
- 1/5 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. – Carmen Lib Link + Subject Pages
- 1/12 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Intro to CMS
- 1/20 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. – Open Lab
- 1/28 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Intro to CMS
- 2/3 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Carmen Lib Link + Subject Pages
- 2/12 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Open Lab
- 2/17 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Intro to CMS
- 2/23 2:00 – 4:00 – Open Lab
- 3/4 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Intro to CMS
- 3/11 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Carmen Lib Link + Subject Pages
- 3/17 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Open Lab