The Thompson Library provides a variety of study spaces, an extensive collection, and faculty and staff to help with research.
Entrances: There are entrances on the Oval (east) and Neil Avenue (west) sides of the building.
Computers: There are more than 230 computers available.
Wireless Access: OSU Wireless service is available throughout the building
- Places to study:
- Grand Reading Room (east), Room 200: Traditional quiet study space overlooking the Oval.
- Group Study Rooms (west): Work together on class projects.
- Buckeye Reading Room (west), Room 260: Study space with a view of West Campus
- Quiet Study: Rooms 440, 445, 450, 455
- Stacks Tower, Floors 6-10: Various types of study space on each of these tower floors
- Campus Reading Room (top floor): Enjoy 11th floor views of the entire campus and downtown Columbus
Circulation Desks: The desk on the east side of the Library, on the first floor, is the place to borrow and return materials and pick up reserve items. The ground floor circulation desk (west) side is for borrowing and returning materials only.
Information Desk: The first floor information desk, opposite the elevators, is the place for help and assistance.
Gallery: Check out exhibits from the Libraries' special collections in the Thompson Library Gallery. Hours are Monday-Wednesday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Thursday, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday, noon - 5 p.m.
Buckeye Bar (Room 60A, west): Face-to-face technology help and service to current students, faculty and staff.
Berry Cafe (Ground floor, west entrance): Pick up a snack, sandwich, a salad and your favorite beverages. And you're welcome to eat them in the library.
Video tour: Take a look at this brief video tour of the Thompson Library.