The Faculty Advisory Council serves as a vehicle through which the Library Director and the Associate and Assistant Directors consult the faculty on matters of planning, policy, and other items of general interest.
This committee addresses the following: 1) the requirement for consultation by the director with the faculty in accordance with Rule 3335-3-35; 2) ensuring that the views of the faculty be solicited and considered when decisions are made on issues that substantially affect the library and its faculty; and 3) the library administration’s need for a means of ascertaining faculty sentiment on significant issues, and of obtaining useful advice for resolving those issues. This committee is neither a reporting committee nor an oversight committee.
Faculty Advisory Council was formerly known as the Policy and Planning Committee (name changed 2/4/2011).
Meeting Time: Last Tuesday, 9:30 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.
Annual Report: June Faculty Meeting
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Meetings 2012-2013
All meetings are held in THO 150 A/B, 9:30 - 11:30 am.
October 15, 2012
December 13, 2012
February 5, 2013
April 2, 2013
June 6, 2013 (Please note change of date)
Minutes of Faculty Advisory Council meetings and Faculty Meetings are now available as part of the Faculty Advisory Council collection in Knowledge Bank. The most recent minutes will appear first, but the entire collection is sortable by date, and title.
Membership comprises seven elected faculty members who serve staggered three-year terms, plus a liaison from the Executive Committee and the Faculty Secretary (ex officio). No faculty member may serve more than two consecutive terms.
- Conteh-Morgan, Miriam, 6/30/2014
- Courtney, Nancy, 6/30/2014
- El-Sherbini, Magda (Chair), 6/30/2014
- Hodges, Dracine, 6/30/2013
- Bruce Leach, 6/30/2013 ex officio
- Jessica Page, 6/30/2015
- Cyndi Preston, 6/30/2015
- Strieb, Karla, Executive Committee liaison
- Webb, Kathy, 6/30/2013
Practices of the Faculty Advisory Council
- Minutes of committee meetings will be published (exclusive of confidential matters).
- Any member of the committee may suggest an agenda topic.
- Any member of the library faculty may petition that a topic be discussed, or the library faculty at a general meeting may propose consideration of a topic by the committee.
- If the committee decides that consideration of a topic will benefit significantly from discussion by the entire faculty, the committee will submit the topic for the agenda of a general faculty meeting.